Sep 3, 2011

Business Time

I finally made my own business cards! I've never had one before and wanted it to be bold-different from the boring templates they have online, so designed it to look like the title card of an early 1940s film. Any noir fans should recognize the style.


In case anyone cares about the design, the vignette/gradient light for the background is essential to that 1940s feel-which was designed in photoshop. A drop shadow on the text, along with a combination of large, overbearing font next to tiny font (for the more unimportant words) is a good start. Combine that with some type of legible script font for the details and you're good to go! I'm definitely a fan of the tall deco-esque fonts, so I chose that for the main credits. And no matter what, I can't help but wonder what type of fit Patrick Bateman would be going through right now if he saw this-would he hack me to pieces with an axe for being unorthodox?

1 comment:

  1. Depends on what kind of paper you print your cards on. But I think you're safe for now.

    See I can leave comments that aren't about correcting your mistakes :)

    ReplyDelete