Jul 26, 2011

Halfway to 100... or Probably 90

I started a project this summer of watching 100... or probably 90 films before the 1st of September. The goal being mostly films I'd never seen and have wanted to see, whether it be because of "critical acclaim" or I just missed it when it came out. At the moment I'm at 49, so considering that I'm around 2/3rds of the done with the summer, I probably won't finish with 100. I might even be forgetting to put some on the list, but I'm not sure. This doesn't include movies that I've rewatched in this time (such as Muppet Treasure Island-don't judge, it's amazing). For funsies, I figured I'd list off what I've seen so far. Most are on DVD, some in theatres. And despite how I'd rather forget some of them (i.e. My Sassy Girl) I'll list everything and bow my head in shame. You'll probably notice a pattern of actors, directors and subjects. The biggest theme would definitely be period pieces between the 19th century and mid 20th century and Danish, German and French films. The smallest genre, comedies.

1. Valhalla Rising                                                                    25. Just Go With It                 
2. After the Wedding (Danish)                                                  26. Pride & Prejudice (2005)
3. Coco Before Chanel (French)                                              27. Me & Orson Welles
4. Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinksy (French)                             28. I'm Still Here
5. North Face (German)                                                           29. Morituri
6. Angel Eyes                                                                          30. Stalag 17
7. Prague (Danish)                                                                   31. Wings of Desire
8. Katyn (Polish)                                                                      32. The Great Raid 
9. Enemy at the Gates                                                             33. Chaplin
10. When Nietzsche Wept                                                       34. A Film Unfinished
11. I Am Love (Italian)                                                             35. Mr. Death
12. Oceans (techincally French)                                              36. Paper Man
13. La Moustache (French)                                                      37. Pirates of the Caribbean 4
14. White Ribbon (German)                                                    38. Letters from Iwo Jima
15. The Way Back                                                                   39. Flags of Our Fathers
16. Immortal Beloved                                                             40. One Week
17. The Painted Veil                                                               41. The Swimmer
18. My Sassy Girl                                                                    42. Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
19. Thor                                                                                  43. Snow Falling on Cedar
20. Super 8                                                                             44. Frank Lloyd Webber (a documantary)
21. The Good German                                                            45. Just Another Love Story (Danish)
22. Tsosti (South African)                                                        46. Fear Me Not (Danish)
23. Sweet November... easily one of the worst movies ever  47. The Adjustment Bureau
24. Hall Pass                                                                           48. Tree of Life
                                                                                               49. The Thin Man

My favorites so far: Valhalla Rising, Immortal Beloved, Morituri, North Face, Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky, Snow Falling on Cedars and Oceans.

Ones to should avoid: Angel Eyes, Sweet NovemberMy Sassy Girl, and The Great Raid-I didn't know a war movie could be so boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment